Thursday, February 16, 2012

too salty


too salty, originally uploaded by mummysam.

Regardless of autsim, I am sure there are many of you out there who share in the struggles of picky little eaters....

From many days of stress and worry, I have finally learned to let go and not panic too much about my son getting enough nutrients. (It was starting to take over and become all too consuming. When I started panicking from the moment I opened my eyes in the morning about what the heck I was going to make for dinner that he would eat, I knew it was time to step back and breathe)

We have figured out a rhythm, and I have become more relaxed in my approach to feeding...

Now I can use those mornings to panic about something else.

2 comments:

Cheryl G. said...

I totally get that.
I was so worried at one time I thought my son (high functioning autistic) would have to get a feeding tube but we kept plugging along and finally found a nutritional drink that he liked and it helped him get some meat on his bones and helped me not to worry (as much).
He is now nearly 6 ft 3 inches and we have other worries.
I do love that print. Brilliant in it's simplicity. Actually, I love everything you do!

mummysam said...

thanks for your comments Cheryl! Its comforting to know others that have been there and made it through the other end :) I have gotten much better, and the focus on being less stressed out has actually helped the eating to improve...