Tuesday, February 28, 2012

final sketch before painting


(click on image to get larger view)

here's the final sketch before I start making the final. I have yet to decide, medium-wise, how to make this yet as I keep going back and forth between painting and sewing the piece. Perhaps a combination of both shall do?

here's the dialogue in case you can't read it:

(while mummy dances to music) child: "i'm so good at that. i"m awesome. i'm the best at it"
mum: "it's always best to give someone a compliment before you talk about yourself"
child: "you did a great job giving birth to someone so awesome"

any "confident" children in your family? (I was clearly one..and an annoying one at that. I always had the same exact dream as the popular kid in school, although mine always had "extra stuff in it". To think I actually thought they'd buy that.)

4 comments:

Molly said...

Yes, I do have a confident boy and, yes, this is him to a TEE! It made me smile thinking about him when he was a little dancer boy.

Venus-Suburbia Soup said...

HA! I love it!

mummysam said...

thank you both!

thea said...

hee hee I was very similar