Monday, June 8, 2009

it may not be traction man...







My son has immersed himself in the paper doll "action" figure traction man, and admittedly so have I. Cutting out the accessories reminds me so much of my childhood (although you need to replace the dainty shoes and hair bows with a sub-aqua helmet, battle bonnet, and a jet pack..), and I couldn't resist trying to make some of my own.
A quick sit down at the table to try it out turned into a long night of determination to get it done, and I couldn't be more pleased with the results! (however I think the boys may disagree there a bit. After all, there are no rescue string packs and mission goggles to save the universe....just tea and cake).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sam! just looked at your etsy and blog...such original work! love it --- so nice to see you today, and even though it was short ...nice to chat and get to know one another a bit!
talk soon -
genine

tangled sky studio said...

it's super mummy! this little guy is so cool...will there be more to follow??? these would make sweet birthday cards from which you could cut out and keep the hero and an outfit.....(always thinking!)

sammi said...

oh you are so crafty and clever my dear.........

and genine...yes it was so nice! maybe next time with some wine?

erin said...

i think your boys must be mistaken...
tea and cake most CERTAINLY saves the universe.
saves my day anyway. ;-p