Sunday, October 5, 2008

time for a break....



With the grandparents gone and the kids missing them terribly, we decided to get out of the house and venture as a family to a local farm for the day. Although mum and dad spent the day swapping turns to wait in long lines for the gourds and apples, the boys managed to enjoy pushing trucks in the sandbox and visiting all the animals. (note to self: never go to a popular orchard on a weekend at 11am....) The boys could take their minds off grandma and grandad being gone, and we could enjoy time together as a family.
It was a good way to end the weekend before the craziness of the week begins...
1. I have to send off all the goodies for Vidas Market tomorrow, and get new pieces ready for the handcraftit exhibition
2. I am attempting to forgo all boxed crackers and snack foods in the house and offer solely fresh foods and baked goodies. This is something I have been wanting to do for a while now, and after seeing amy's post
I thought it was time to give it a try...My husband thinks I am nuts, and he could very well be right. I have always been somewhat of the grainy nerd, and with my eldest son giving himself the name "wheat boy", that should give you a bit of an idea. well, here goes nothing......we shall see how this one goes!

No comments: