Saturday, October 4, 2008

i've been a bit of a hermit.....


The hermit in me came out these past two weeks, as I had the wonderful opportunity of having mum and dad in town for a visit. Having not seen "grandad" for over a year, we found it an absolute must to absorb every minute that could be had. Although the persistent rain put a damper on all of our planned outdoor activites, the time easily filled itself with numerous story sessions, train track building, tent playing, trips to the coffee shop, car racing......etc. When you couple grandma's endless energy to play with grandad's incredible ability to bring life to any story you have a combination that would make it hard for any grandchild to say goodbye. Thank you so much for a wonderful time. Grandad, the boys love you tremendously and will always remember this visit. I am afraid I am in a bit of trouble, as my readings of Dr.Seuss will only ring sub-par compared to yours!

3 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

We had a surprise visit from Grandma and Grandad this week (they are 4 hours away) and I have to say...Grandparents ROCK! The relationships they build with our children is such a special one that is a delight to watch. It sounds like you had a great visit. Are you getting ready for your show in New York???

april said...

I love your little dolls. They make me smile.

sammi said...

it is a great time....my dad works out of Beijing right now, so this time together was a rare but much needed and welcome by all!

april..thanks so much. Your compliment made my morning as I sit here typing with a fun cough/cold...