Wednesday, September 3, 2008

sending my little seed off to school.....





My little one woke up today ready to start a new chapter in his life, and the day quickly became filled with many mixed emotions. Extreme excitement was had as we donned on our new fire engine backpack (well, new to little M as I crossed out his brother's name and wrote the new one on top) and got ourselves dressed for school. After a good filling breakfast and some hanging out time with the big brother, we all set off in our wagon and set off for school. As I walked in tow with the camera dangling off my shoulders, it suddenly hit me that my life was starting to move into the next phase. The past few months of feeling ready to move on to this next venture was quickly met with sadness....I think it hit the big brother as well, as unexpected tears were running down his face the entire walk back home. Part of me is just so elated to see him grow up, and yet another part wants to freeze time....he's my little guy......(and the last one too...probably why this is so hard!)
Well, that's one down. The big Kindergarten day starts on Friday.....I have a sneaking suspicion that a certain first time on the bus will cause mummy to lose it even more :)

3 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

the beginning of the school year is such a milestone... it can be heartbreaking (but in a good way).
the separation only makes your little one become more of who he already is....and that is sad and happy at the same time...i know... (children 12, 10.5 and 4).

Ali said...

Yup, it's hard with the tiddler in a whole different way isn't it?

Rubyellen said...

oh my gosh! he is so funny! i can't believe he is wearing the crown to school!!! i feel honored.

oh man... i am nervous about this school thing. i am open to homeschooling now...