Wednesday, September 17, 2008

an exciting day for dad....


My husband and I could just see it starting to happen....the ability to get a hot cup of coffee as we saunter over to the soccer fields to sit and watch our new soccer player start his first game. O.K, so maybe he had no clue how to play, or even which direction to run, but it was fun nonetheless to see the pride on his face as he glanced over at our direction. It was a great day for all of us, and with it came a glimpse of what fun can be had as we enter this next phase with the kids. I think it was the first event where we could just sit back and enjoy the moment...the older one was absorbed in his "game", while the younger one sat patiently on the sidelines shouting out an occasional "go!". As much as I am sometimes saddened by my boys leaving the baby life, I have to admit that I am relishing the ability to stand still and be in the moment without having to chase a wee one to and fro.

2 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

what a great memory captured here...a turning point.
when i found myself at this point a few years ago (kids 5 and 6) #3 came along!

sammi said...

well, that definatly changes it up a bit! I can't tell you how good that game felt...we are very ready for this next stage :)