Friday, September 26, 2008

As I sew.....


As I continue to brush up on my sewing skills, I find that my mixed-media past is managing to sneak itself back into my life. I was wondering how long it would be before I would start to add more materials, and thus was eventually led to some crocheted accessories using pure wool thread. I am determined to keep making my dolls with all natural fibers, and found this to be a good solution! I plan on going with this idea as I develop some dolls for an upcoming exhibit entitled, "hand.craft.it" this November in Georgia. I would love to know what you think!

4 comments:

Rubyellen said...

gosh!!! you are a natural... it seems like you have been doing this forever!

did my info on labels help any?

xoxo

tangled sky studio said...

i love the look (textural quality) of the "b" in bird and that fabric is awesome...but i have to ask what is this piece?

sammi said...

it's the twiggy doll I have in my shop....and thanks for the great compliments!

tangled sky studio said...

oh my...i LOVE her! I didn't know that was an arm and was thinking tea cozy??? hehe!